Client: Tata Chemicals Europe Ltd
Location: NW England
Requirement: New Ash Silo Plant
Programme: 26 weeks
Designer: Hawkins Construction
Tata Chemicals Europe Ltd required a new 30m tall Ash Silo Plant to maintain their production on this extremely busy facility.
This had to be done without interruption to their business and to a strict programme. Some real challenges had to be overcome, such as; working next to a river and working very close to the existing factory and associated personnel.
Hawkins Construction undertook all the civils and structural works, as principal contractor to this high profile project, which included:
- Bulk excavation and subsequent sub soil asbestos removal and remediation
- Piled foundations
- Reinforced concrete foundations, super structure and containment bund
- Control building.
- Steel erection and cladding.
- Installation of the 25m tall Ash Silo’s.
- Drainage installation and alterations.
- Various hard standings, additional plant foundations and external works.